Outside of the town, all of la Platerye is enclosed by a protective wall with a circular tower to the southwest corner, one hundred meters from the manor.
The entrance gate and pedestrian gate are set back in the wall that runs along the road and joins the two lodges.
Both house a vaulted chapel with wood panels that was named for Saint Laurent. Named in 1669, it was rechristened on January 6, 1753 by Monsignor Germain Chateigner de la Chateigneraye, chaplain of the head abbot of Bourgueil, which perhaps indicates that an addition was added during that period.
Since 2009this chapel was gently restored and always devoted. Baptisms of Louise and Edouard DUGUET , children of the current owners Sophie and François DUGUET were celebrated Sunday, September 2th 2012 by Father Remy Soubrier from Bourgueil.
The central building, constructed between two lodges with triangular pediments, is accessed by a rounded door under a curved pediment. This building was extended in the XVIII century with two low wings, to the east and west.
Further off, a cylindrical tower was the southwest corner tower of the protective park wall.
The facade of the central building, very classical and strongly symmetrical, was erected in the XVII century.In the center, it has an annex with a very slight ledge and a curved pediment with a French door leading to a wrought iron balcony just above the central entrance which still has its original mountings. Two wings with triangular spandrel walls and angle surrounds extend from each end. All the curved head beam openings have small tile door frames. A flat panel runs along the spandrel and, on each side, the roof is accessed by a dormer window with pinions. In the XVIII century, the house was expanded to the east and west by the two wings which included just a ground floor and a mansard attic.
Since its expansion, the current kitchen with its hooded chimney is the oldest remaining construction from the XVI century.
Inside, the stairs are uneven, narrow ramps, the next to last bay leading to the attic is covered by a vaulted ceiling of cut stone.
The interior court-side facade is flanked by two rectangular towers whose only decoration is a small circular dormer window.
To the north, the common characteristics of two different periods meet.
The most remarkable part is an orangery from the XVIII century with three boss paired semi-circular arcades and a mansard roof with a triangular pediment. It was included in the Decree of April 20, 1971 that registered this remarkable home on the supplemental list of historic monuments.
A spiral staircase, probably a remnant from the first building, grants access to a magnificent vaulted wine cellar.Another located under an outlaying structure extends through an underground tunnel passing under the road leading to town. Today, landslides make it impractical.
The Platterie, that is located in the Saint-Michel-sur-Loire barony, was a fiefdom that, on the tax role of 1639, was listed under the parish of «Benays « for an annual income of 10 pounds. Until the end of the XVI century, it belonged to the de Lesme family. Florent de Lesme, Lord of «Platerye» became the godfather of Restigné on May 16, 1589; his wife, Françoise de Housseault, became godmother on February 24, 1593. Lady Aymée Darmoyen held the same role on June 16, 1602; she was then called "wife of the nobleman René de Lesme, Sir of Platerye." Widowed, she remarried, this time with Mathieu de Guiot "Sir of Montegeu" on August 25, 1617. In the Middle Ages, Restigné had a vicarage, later called «The Mayor of Restigné which Pierre de Lesme owned in 1637-1639-1643. He was married in 1623 to Aimée, the daughter of Jules de Quétier, a horseman, Lord of Lerbillière in the parish of "Saint Cyre du Gost en Touraine" (Loir-et-Cher). He lived until February 20 1651 and had several children, including Jules, who was baptized on November 30, 1625.
However, in the second half of the XVII century, the fiefdom changed owner. In effect, an act of March 5, 1669 stated as follows: «Marriage was celebrated in the Saint Laurent de La Platerye Chapel by the noble and honorable Monsignor Guillaume Guesdier, priest, canon and sub-dean of Saint Martin of Tours, Lord de la Platerye, la Philberdière, uncle of the bride, Franois de Montplacé, horseman, Lord of the said place, parish of the Town, and Lady Marie, daughter of the René Guéniveau, advisor to the King, elected, the election of Angers and Françoise Guesdier». This alliance explains how the Montplacé family came to own the property.
In 1750, a new Lord de la Platerye appeared in the registers. This alliance explains how the Montplacé family came to own the property.On August 20 of that year, the baptism of Augustin Clèment, son of André Berthelot, Lord de «La Platterie and Angélique Sourdeau de Beauregard, who died in 1780, was celebrated. It was they who had the new chapel blessed on January 6,1753.
Their son, André Berthelot de Villeneuve, was called the Black Musketeer in the home of the King in 1749, then the most senior officer of the regiment of Auvergne in 1776. His first wife was Marie Pétronille de Gargan, who bore him one son, Théodore Franois, born in 1776. He then married Angélique Louise de la rue Ducan of Champchevrier. On January 27, 1782, they buried the child borne of this union who had drowned. André Berthelot appeared in person at the Electoral Assembly in Touraine in 1789 along with Lord de Vauricher, but was also represented at the Assembly of Anjou in the same period. Théodore Franois was mayor of Restigné in 1801,1807 and 1812. Philippe Berthelot sold off the property in 1858 and the chateau was sold to a family whose descendants bequeathed it to the «Orphans of Auteuil,» who used it from 1935 to 1956, thenby a notary, until 2004.
Since 2004 a renovation of the castle is orchestrated by Sophie and Francois Duguet and operated in a charming and luxury house :
Manoir de Restigné.